Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bubbly Pain In Bowell

Waiheke - New Zealand Tuscany


On the road again .. . the tour group

The Eyes are square, the fingers to the bone and muscle in the head only. The last time was influenced by rascals, scoundrels, villains ... Clearly, the man needs variety! The noble Keller tan can again tolerate a few shades of brown and the water in the legs as this is not really out. This can be remedied with a trip. The target this time: Waiheke, a front mounted Auckland Island, which can be achieved in 35-minute ride by ferry. The island promises great walks in New Zealand as usual, spectacular beaches and, above all, wine! For the spiritual and physical well-being seems so worried ...
... that's the way, not a beaver on my head ... the barber yells ...


Saturday
The eyes are tired, his ears roaring still a bit despite ear plugs, but my body and mind are in top shape for the trip to Waiheke. The night before, I thought I'd get the Basti left alone, as I am me, and I am with fever and Markus first exhibition in an outdoor walk, and later went to the concert. "Art in the Dark" was the issue outdoors, in which artists illuminate all sorts of materials, whether empty milk bottles, plastic container or trees. Similar to the "Festival of Lights' in Berlin, only much, much, much smaller. After the show, and after an apple juice finally went off the concert, which took place in an old factory floor overlooking Auckland's highways. And what can I say, concerts are probably the same everywhere in the world: first the opening act, which is sometimes better than the main act (in our case they played a very cool mix of reggae, jazz, rock), then the star of the evening. "Katchafire" were the names of the guys offered very relaxed reggae something. And accordingly, the audience also designed: a mix of young and old, and many herbal enthusiasts. One was then but different: After about a half hour concert and the last song There were no encore, but it has continued to play nice dance music. So we thought we drink, we still enjoy a drink and go away. But when we were going straight on, go put the boys of "Katchafire" again. Remark also in New Zealand there is still a break during the concert, as in the opera!

The day is still young, when a group of young people is sympathetic in a ferry toward freedom. The weather is (still) not what the weather service promised, but we are living here. The ride is short, but allows one or another of the group to catch up sleep. A short bus ride later, we are already at our destination: the Kina Backpackers, on the east coast of the island is very beautifully situated on a hill overlooking the beach.
The view from the hostel is not to be despised. Is also the cyclists (bottom left) and dirty the image ... Sausack!


Checking in, putting up tents and feeding brought the sandwiches take a little while, but then it starts. Walk to the island once explored across country. After a few minutes we let the New Zealand coast behind us and enter the interior. The landscape is with its olive groves, pine-lined lanes and vineyards of Tuscany strong. Had someone asked me whether I like it here, I would have " Si, molto bene " responded.
Bella Waiheke


The way leads us lira millionaires then past not so nice areas. The paths that we choose to run, literally right on the street are no longer truly idyllic. This may also help that will be collected on that day of bulky waste, accordingly, the roads and paths are paved with rubbish. How beautiful! The west coast is indeed beautiful to look at it, but our skin does not really blown away. After a few photos of the bus is identified. On the way back to the hostel is briefly halted to stock up with essentials (beef steak, salad and liquid food) for grilling in the evening.

a flower


The grill does a good job, turning the already tasty steak in a poem for the palate. I fall into a frenzy and deformation, feel good side of beef, Jenny Money is not too neat and clean skin. The rest of the group is astonished. When you see me still where it goes, but for Jenny? Well ... it certainly was delicious. The odd nightcap later then we fall completely managed to bed. Since I do not mean the entire day hiking boots stripped to develop, have my feet with a good flavor. Stunned, we fall asleep.

Unfortunately only sleeps Basti quickly. Meanwhile, I ponder over all possible forms of spiders, for which I have driven in the late evening a Opalangbein from my bed. I will also each time of earthquake-like shaking awake and think an elephant has to walk through the hostel, only to see that other hostel guests go to the loo. Well, sleep is sometimes overrated, too.

Sunday

Express After showers, express breakfast, followed by waiting for the people who think nothing of Express, is to follow the highlight of the weekend: the wine tasting.
A short rainy hike through deep forests, vineyards and alpaca enclosure (comical creatures, and not so shy ... some of them had his eye on the girls) brings us to the very fine local wine. A little underdressed (hiking divide, muddy boots and wet rain jackets), we then let us taste a few wines. The wine guru babbling something about "different elements in the mouth" and "easy departure"; we do not quite know what to do with it, nod and sip but friendly. I must admit that most of the wines tasted really delicious. Jenny is quite happy to approve even a glass of white that is as it has classified the wines of quality. And she is thrilled. I, however, would probably find no differences from the Aldi Wine in Tetra Pack.
The Guru tells us what the horse ... (Photo by Fred stolen from Danmark:))


Micha and I ordered us to dessert nor a home-brewed beer. And what can I say? It is $ 10 per 0.33-liter bottle at the same time the most expensive and most disgusting beer I've ever tasted. The first sip. I find it difficult to maintain one's composure. The taste is hard to describe. The second sip. Time seems to stand still. I imagine how I taste the bottom of a filthy hovel. That should suit the taste of the beer it easy. The third sip. The back hair is now erected steep, I cry. The fourth draft. What demon has this drink directly imported from the hell in this estate? The fifth draft. On my left shoulder sits a little angel-Basti, who says that I should stop. On the right shoulder sits a little Basti-devil who also advised me to stop! The remaining sips lost in a trance. "Dear sprained his stomach, as the host given!" I think. The whole world is passing me. Then I come back to me. The beer bottle is empty - whew ...
The rest of the day is quickly told. We take the bus back to the port, set with a fully squashed ferry across to Auckland and the rest of the evening, indulge in memories, of a pretty cozy place in this world.
disjointed but somehow cute ... a bee at work


Basti and Micah could be nothing but say, first as Basti whispers to me that the beer is extremely of cigarette ash tastes, and after I had drunk himself an extremely small sip, I see the tense faces of the two. I do not mind and inside the Jenny devil laughs with glee, while Jenny Angel stows away a tear. Moreover, the two were already in dispute, for I could not decide if I should be as bring a beautiful rose or not. As Fie then said, that she had received on her bottle, a special prize, my irrationality prevailed over reason. And the pay was then once again by my ignorance, so I'm cheating the landlady at the end unintentionally by half. But can you be mad at those eyes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment