Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Long Term Harm Of Whippets

My first meeting in a LUG

Today I was the first time in a Linux User Group, specifically in the Kaarster Linux User Group, the KaaLUG , which meets every 3 weeks.
Here I have only met once and a lot of nice Linux enthusiasts and users that there are about news, exchange but also about very basic things. I found the KaaLUG on the calendar of Ubuntuusers.de , and then I just drove by there once. The space, which is bebop youth center, for the participants of the meeting sized just right, and there is what is important for computer meeting, "fluent" Internet.
The group is very heterogeneous, there are participants of all skill classes for young and old with respect and with different experiences Linux.
First, there was a round of introductions, followed by a bit on the side cczwei.de and discussed a number of TV programs about technology. Next up was Rudy's Explanation about the OpenOffice Base database program on the plan. For this purpose, each participant was first with an Ubuntu system on a virtual machine supplied to the same conditions prevailed for a good workshop on the program.
Next, Rudi said the construction of databases and the Office package. He is in the group as OpenOffice expert.
Then I had to leave the group, unfortunately, already, because I wanted to get my car.

0 comments:

Post a Comment